La Condesa Taqueria (Fitzroy)


Category: Mexican


Location:  234 Johnston Street  Fitzroy, VIC 3065

Cost: $


J'Rate
 


Along one of Fitzroy's street of bars and restaurants resides La Condesa Taqueria, a small Mexican restaurant fitted for a pitstop crave for tacos.

With both an indoor and outdoor seating area, my friends and I decided to take a walk to the back with the weather steaming at a peak of 28 with summer breeze. Indoor is structured to replicate a small bar, ideal for a beer date with your mates and a quick bite. I wouldn't say the place is ideal for a proper meal however their 3 for $12 taco deals is a hit with 7 different flavours to choose from. They are quite small but from the ones I've tried, they are divine, certain to satisfy your cravings. 



Having started without an alcohol license, La Condesa now has their permits and so has a bar menu filled with margaritas, tequila, beer and so forth. Definitely try the booze snow cones while you're at it. How often you find snow cones in Melbourne, I have no idea.

My table settled with 6 Tacos with flavours ranging from:
Arrachera: Marinated Steak
Carnitas: Slow cooked pork shoulder
Hongo: Mushrooms
Tinga: Shredded Chicken
Pescado: Fish, red cabbage, carrot and chipotle
Calamares: Calamari

The only thing left for us to try next time is the Camote, which consisted of sweet potato. Sharing, I had the calamari and Pork. The Calamari was brilliant however pork tasted like tuna, which I didn't have a problem with because it was nice as it was but really, Pork//Tuna//Pork what, my tastebuds were so confused. 

On top of that, we had a plate of Corn Chips and Guacamole to share. I'm not usually one to desire this but it was actually addictive. Topped with chilli and mashed well, the Corn Chips was a needed addition. 

Overall, this had to be one of the cheapest night out I've had because we only had water with those three plates and in total it was $11 for 3 of us. Seriously how can you complain? Then again, we weren't really there for a big feed anyway. It's definitely worth a try if you're in the neighbourhood, otherwise I'm sure there are other Mexican Restaurants more worthy of your time if you're in for proper dining experience.

La Condesa Taqueria on Urbanspoon









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author